This is a step by step guide on how to register for and administer JobKeeper.
Use this Guide to:
- Determine your eligibility for the JobKeeper program
- Determine your eligible employees
- Enrol your business and employees for JobKeeper with the ATO via Xero
There's a lot of moving parts, a bit of risk to determine eligibility and is time consuming.
If you want to outsource this to an accounting expert, skip everything here and contact us for assistance.
SBO | Operational finance is for creating stability in uncertainty & growth with opportunity.
OVERVIEW OF JOBKEEPER PROGRAM
- Under the JobKeeper Payment, businesses significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak will be able to access a subsidy from the Government to continue paying their employees.
- The Government will provide $1,500 per fortnight per employee for up to 6 months to eligible employers
- Employers (including non-for-profits) will be eligible for the subsidy if:
- Eligible employers will receive the payment for each eligible employee that was on their books on 1 March 2020 and continues to be engaged by that employer – including full-time, part-time, long-term casuals and stood down employees. Casual employees eligible for the JobKeeper Payment are those employees who have been with their employer on a regular basis for at least the previous 12 months as at 1 March 2020.